The situations we faced and whole the pandemic scenario has clearly warned us to keep ourselves fit and simultaneously improve our nutrition and strengthen our immune system. Even a small change in your diet and training can do wonders. The problem today Is not with the resources but it’s with you, you have to be committed and consistent. Discipline is the art of staying fit.
So here we are with best and different types of workouts depending on your goals, your choices, your body, resources and other factors like space, time etc.
As far as we have researched and studied, there are 7 kinds of different workout routines which you could follow as per your suitability.
Cardio is probably the most popular type of exercise out there..Cardio generally includes all those exercises that elevate your heart rate above your normal heart rate , which could be cycling, jogging, sprinting, swimming, dancing. etc.
Cardio is generally of two types:
AEROBIC AND ANAEROBIC
Aerobic exercise is any type of cardiovascular conditioning. It can include activities like brisk walking, swimming, running, or cycling. You probably know it as “cardio.” By definition, aerobic exercise means “with oxygen.” Your breathing and heart rate will increase during aerobic activities , whereas
Anaerobic exercises involve quick bursts of energy and are performed at maximum effort for a short time. Examples include jumping, sprinting, or heavy weight lifting. Your respiration and heart rate differ in aerobic activities versus anaerobic ones. Oxygen is your main energy source during aerobic workouts.
A major variety of this cardio training s low intensity interval training [LIIT] and high intensity interval training [HIIT]
LIIT, or low-intensity interval training, is made up of a mix of low-impact exercise intervals and generous rest intervals. Do regular sessions and the results could be lower blood pressure, stronger bones and muscles, and a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, some cancers and stroke. exercises of LIIT are side toe touches, forward/backward bending, walking, sit=ups an stretching exercises.
And on the other hand, HIIT refers to a very specific and particular type of training, in which you elevate your heart rate instantly to higher levels and then let it calm down which is actually interval, and then again elevate your heart rate, HIIT could be very effective if done correctly. Exercises involved in HIIT are; jump squats, clean n press, tyre flip, rope workouts etc, these generally include your whole body movements.
Benefits of cardio training;
- Strengthen your heart and muscles.
- Help prevent or manage high blood pressure, heart disease and Strengthen your heart and muscles
- Burn calories
- Help control your appetite
- Boost your mood through the release of endorphins, which are feel-good chemicals released by your brain
- Help you sleep better at night
- Reduce arthritis pain and stiffness.
Playing sports is generally a fantastic way to improve your fitness and health. Many of us may not feel at home pounding away on a treadmill or working up a sweat in the gym, but we’ll happily chase a ball around endlessly while playing a game of some sort.For most people, taking part in sport will improve your general health and wellbeing. There are plenty of reasons why you should become involved in sports like;
- Playing sports helps reduce body fat or controls your body weight.
- Sports allow you will gain the satisfaction of developing your fitness and skills.
- Sports can help you fight depression and anxiety.
- Sports allows you to challenge yourself and set goals.
- Playing sports helps strengthen bones.
- Sports help aid coordination, balance and flexibility.
- Many sports can help improves stamina and concentration.
- Sports allow you to experience the highs and lows of both winning and losing!
- Through sports, you will meet people with a similar interest to yourself and are likely to gain many new friends.
- Sports are a great way for families to get exercise together.
- If you are sporty then you are more likely to have a healthy lifestyle.
Weight training is a type of strength training that uses weights for resistance. Weight training provides a stress to the muscles that causes them to adapt and get stronger, similar to the way aerobic conditioning strengthens your heart.
Benefits of weight training are;
- Better posture
- Improved sleep
- Gaining bone density
- Maintaining weight loss
- Boosting metabolism
- Lowering inflammation rate
- Slaving off chronic diseases
- Improved strength
- better muscle definition
4. FLEXIBILITY AND STRETCHING EXERCISES
Activities that lengthen and stretch muscles can help you prevent injuries, back pain, and balance problems.
A well-stretched muscle more easily achieves its full range of motion. This improves athletic performance — imagine an easier, less restricted golf swing or tennis serve — and functional abilities, such as reaching, bending, or stooping during daily tasks. Stretching can also be a great way to get you moving in the morning or a way to relax after a long day. Activities such as yoga combine stretching and relaxation and also improve balance, a wonderful combination.
Benefits of flexibility and stretching exercises are:
- Regular stretching increases flexibility
- Increases range of motion.
- Increases blood flow to muscles.
- Improves performance in physical activities.
- Improvs posture
- Help to heal and prevent back pain.
- Great for stress relief.
There is nothing new about yoga. Even in the Yoga Sutras (ancient Hindu texts), it was taught, and its path of relaxation and meditation used as a path to inner tranquillity. The main reason that yoga works is the combination of physical activity and mental calmness. When we become less anxious, less stressed, and a little more relaxed, we are able to focus our attention on something else besides our stress and anxiety. This is when we find our focus returning to us quickly. Yoga offers us a safe place to use our minds to relax
Benefits of yoga include:
- increased flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone
- improved respiration, energy and vitality
- maintaining a balanced metabolism
- weight reduction
- protection from injury
- Relieves stress which could be from work, sleeping problems, drug abuse etc
- improves.cardio and circulatory health
- improved athletic performance
6. CROSSFIT AND BODYWEIGHT TRAINING
Crossfit gyms, known as “boxes,” are popping up around the world as it grows in popularity. So, what is Crossfit and what are the health benefits?
Crossfit is a form of high-intensity power fitness (HIPT). A Crossfit workout may include dynamic exercises like:
- Plyometric jumping
2. Olympic weightlifting
3. Kettle bells
4. Explosive bodyweight movements.
Benefits of crossfit training include:
- Helps to improve physical strength.
- Helps improve aerobic fitness.
- Improves speed , agility , balace and flexibility.
- Burn calories and manage weight.
Pilates (or the Pilates method) is a series of about 500 exercises inspired by callisthenics, yoga and ballet. Pilates lengthens and stretches all the major muscle groups in the body in a balanced fashion. It improves flexibility, strength, balance and body awareness.
Yoga brings the body and mind together and is built on three main elements – exercise, breathing and meditation. Both yoga and Pilates improve muscular and postural strength.
Always consult your doctor before embarking on any new fitness program, especially if you have a pre-existing medical condition or have not exercised in a long time.
In the 1920s, physical trainer Joseph Pilates introduced Pilates into America as a way to help injured athletes and dancers safely return to exercise and maintain their fitness. Since then, Pilates has been adapted to suit people in the general community.
Health benefits of pilates include :
- improved flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the ‘core muscles’ of your body)
- balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
- enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
- improved stabilisation of your spine
- improved posture
- rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
- improved physical coordination and balance
- relaxation of your shoulders, neck and upper back
- safe rehabilitation of joint and spinal injuries
- prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
- improved concentration
- increased body awareness
- stress management and relaxation.
Checkout more such content at: https://gogomagazine.in/category/lifestyle/