“Fashion is the most powerful art there is. It’s movement, design, and architecture all in one. It shows the world who we are and who we’d like to be.”
Fashion is a form art. With time we have witnessed some of the most amazing creations that have left us awestruck. Here is a list of the most iconic fashion moments that will be celebrated till eternity.
- Marilyn Monroe in the movie “The Seven Year Itch”: Making to the top of the list is Marilyn Monroe as “the Girl” in the movie “The Seven Year Itch”. Marilyn standing over the subway gate in white dress by William Travilla is the most popular and iconic fashion scene ever. Not only this, but William Travilla’s hot pink dress for Marilyn in “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes” is an icon in itself.
- Audrey Hepburn in the movie “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”: Audrey Hepburn’s as Holly Golightly is a true fashion inspiration not only then but till now. The form-fitting black Givenchy gown accessorized with sunglasses, gloves and pearl jewelry and the chic hairstyle made everyone fell head-over-heels for that look
- Princess Diana’s Little Black Dress: When talking about fashion how can one forget Princess Diana. Though, she has given the some of the most outstanding and prominent attires of all times, but making to our list is her “Revenge Dress”. The public was awestruck by Princess Diana’s look from Vanity Fair in 1994 and we can’t ever forget that moment for sure!
- Elton John 50th Birthday Suit: When it comes to rock-n-roll or fashion Elton is a legend. Formerly, known for his extravagant and unconventional outfits, the rhinestone look we saw in Rocketman was a true depiction of John’s eccentric style and one of the most iconic pieces from his glory days. Elton made heads turn with his elaborately designed outfit for his 50th birthday. The whole ensemble was 18th century inspired festooned with feathers, sequins and silver wig.
- Elizabeth Hurley in “That Dress”: Though most of us know her from her short yet remarkable role in “Gossip Girl”, but Hurley made history wearing the black Versace Dress. Hurley that time being an unknown actress was turned down by many big fashion houses who didn’t lend her a dress for the premiere of her then boyfriend starer movie “Four Weddings and a Funeral”. But that wasn’t the same for Versace who sent her the “safety-pin dress”, which became so influential that it was called “That Dress”.
- Jennifer Lopez in “Forest Dress”: Over the years Versace has given us so many awestruck moments and making to the list is another Versace dress worn by Jennifer Lopez at 42nd Grammy’s. It won’t be wrong to state that JLo upstaged the whole show. That tropical dress was the inspiration behind Google images, as it literally broke the internet. People were astonished to see Lopez reminiscing the look in 2019 Versace show in Milan for its 20th anniversary.
- Natalie Portman in “Black Swan”: On-screen or off-screen Portman’s chic and subtle style has always impressed us. One of the most iconic outfits was from Black Swan worn by Natalie. The fairy-like attire, adorn with tutu, feathers and Swarovski crystals by Kate and Laura Mulleavy with the overdone eyes and the Tiara is one of the most significant creations in fashion history.
- Rihanna in Swarovski dress by Adam Selman: Riri has never disappointed us with fashion when it comes to red carpets or her music videos. We are definitely obsessed with her style. This list can never be complete without adding Rihanna’s moment at the CFDA awards. The crystal dress and headpiece not only made heads turn, but became a statement in fashion history.
- Chadwick Boseman in “Black Panther”: Not only Black Panther is one of the greatest super-hero movies, but it is also one of the most important fashion inspiring sci-fi of all times. Chadwick Boseman as King T’challa black Sherwani-style outfit clearly made our heart pound. Ruth Carter made an assertion in the fashion industry by blending the contemporary and edgy with the African designs.
- Cher from Oscar Awards: When it comes to fashion, we can’t end the list without the diva herself Cher. Bob Mackie made sure that he is creating a moment with this legendary woman and gave us one of the best fashion moments. Cher on her collaboration with Mackie quoted “Without Bob I would have been … a peacock without feathers.”