Nikhil Thakur | May 2, 2021 | 0
COOKING WITH ANUBHA SINGH – VEG MANCHURIAN
Chef: Anubha Singh
Recipe Servings: 4
Prep Time: 45 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Cook Time: 1 hr
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients of Vegetable Manchurian
For Manchurian balls:
- 2 cups cabbage, grated
- 1 cup capsicum, grated
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp garlic, grated
- ½ small potato, grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp white flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Oil for frying
For Manchurian gravy:
- 1 tsp ginger, Chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, Chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp ghee/oil
- 2 cups water
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ packet of Ching’s veg Manchurian masala
- ¼ tsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
About Vegetable Manchurian: It is a delicious Chinese dish of balls loaded with vegetables and dipped in tangy spicy sauce. Enjoy making it with my quick recipe.
For Manchurian balls:
- Take grated cabbage, capsicum and carrot in a bowl. You may add other vegetables like beans, cauliflower e.t.c.
- Add grated ginger and garlic in the above vegetables.
- Grate half of the small potato. This makes the Manchurian balls crispy and gives a good taste.
- Squeeze well to remove excess water from the vegetables.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, baking powder and soya sauce to the mixture.
- To bind the mixture, add White flour and cornflour. You may also add an egg here.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now take a little bit of the mixture and make small balls out of it.
- On a medium flame, fry the balls and keep them aside.
For Manchurian Gravy:
- In a pan, heat ghee or oil.
- Add finely chopped ginger and garlic.
- Add onion, capsicum and green chilies. Sauté all the vegetables for a few minutes.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Pour water to the mixture.
- Add ching’s veg Manchurian masala and stir it continuously.
- You may add water to adjust the consistency of the gravy.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Take the Manchurian balls and coat them well in the gravy.
- Garnish with white Seasame seeds. Use spring onions also, if available.
Checkout more such content at: https://gogomagazine.in/category/lifestyle/