ITALY – @davidemarconi_photo
“The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens
Italy is a boot-shaped country, surrounded by the Ligurian and the Tyrrhenian Seas towards the west, the Mediterranean and Ionian Seas to the South, and the Adriatic Sea towards the East. Together with Greece, Italy is considered the birthplace of Western culture. It is a country situated in Southern Europe as a home to the greatest number of UNESCO World Heritage sites in the world. The country has beautiful art, worldwide famous delicious cuisine, fashion industries, luxury sports cars and motorcycles, and different regional cultures and dialects. The beautiful country is known for its alluring coast, alpine lakes, and mountain ranges, such as the Alps and Apennines.
There are hundreds of Italian cities, but only some of them are famous:
- Rome is the capital of Italy, and in the past, it was the capital of the Roman Empire until 285 AD.
- Florence is known as a Renaissance city and is famous worldwide for its architecture and art.
- Bologna is one of the world’s great university cities that is occupied with ancient stories, culture, technological advancement, and food.
- Genoa, its port facilitates tourism and trade. Being a significant medieval republic, it is famous for its artwork and architecture.
- Milan is one the vital fashion cities of the world and Italy’s crucial hub for trade and business.
- Naples, the birthplace of pizza and a historic city center because it is one of the oldest cities of the Western world.
- Venice is known for its beauty, history, art, and world-famous canals in Italy.
- Turin is considered the first capital of Italy and the home of FIAT. It is also popular for its large baroque buildings.
Italian cuisine is known for its regional diversity and a huge difference in taste. Therefore, it is an influencer for other countries of the world. Expect peculiar Italian dishes served in some of the world’s top fine-dining destinations. The Mediterranean diet forms the foundation of Italian cuisine due to its extreme simplicity and variety. Italian cooks believe in preparing dishes with quality ingredients and not elaborative preparation. Therefore, their recipes are suitable for home cooking. Italian desserts merge local favors with sweet cheeses, such as gelato and cassata.
Italy has been declared as the fifth most visited country in the world because a large proportion of the population visits Italy every year. The reason behind this tourism is cultural and environmental tourist routes and 58 UNESCO World heritage sites. In Europe, Rome is known as the 3rd most visited city and 12th in the world. On the other hand, Milan is the 27th most visited city in the world. Besides this, Venice and Florence come among the world’s top 100 destinations.
At present, Italy is an establishing and leading member of the European Union and other numerous international institutions. However, it is blessed with the most advanced economies in the world when it comes to GDP. It acquires a high position in terms of life expectancy, quality of life, healthcare facilities, and education. The country is defined as both the Great power and regional power and is known for having the world’s eighth most powerful military. It is a must-visit European country in the world.
CHeckout more such content at:https://gogomagazine.in/category/magazine/travelogue-volume-7/