“You lose sight of things, and when you travel, everything balances out.”
Canada is everyone’s must-visit place in their list of travel destinations across the world. Therefore, while visiting Canada, one cannot miss out on a visit to a province located in eastern Canada- Quebec. It is the largest and second-largest populated city in Ontario. People of Quebec predominately speak French because French is the provincial government’s official language. It is situated towards the east of Ontario and its regional capital is Quebec City. It has a unique French heritage among North American tourist destinations, which separates it from its English-speaking neighbouring countries. Therefore, the culture and warmth of Quebec have made it a favourite destination both nationally and internationally.
CITIES OF QUEBEC
Quebec has the three largest cities- Montreal, Quebec City, and Gatineau. Other cities of Quebec are:
- Mont-Tremblant: One can enjoy doing skiing, camping, and hiking in this mountain resort town.
- Gaspe: It is a small city on the peninsula of Gaspe.
- Magog: It has been defined as the popular vacation town on Magog Lake.
- Sherbrooke: It is the largest city in the Eastern Townships.
- Trois-Rivieres: This city is located halfway between Montreal and Quebec City on the St Laurent River.
- Saguenay: This city is a gateway to the North of the country.
CLIMATE OF QUEBEC
There are four different seasons in Quebec, offering a wonderful view of the nature and types of activities:
- Summer season (from the end of June to the end of August): Summer reason for Quebec is hot and people celebrate many festivals and outdoor activities during this season.
- Fall (from September to the end of October): During this season, leaves change their color, creating magnificent and colorful landscapes.
- Winter (from November to the end of March): Low temperatures and excessive snowfall makes skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, and dogsledding possible in Quebec. In December, the outdoors of Quebec turns into white dreamland.
- Spring (from April to the end of June): Nature awakens, trees start to blossom again with leaves and flowers, providing alluring scenic views.
SITES & ATTRACTIONS
Quebec is blessed with numerous sites and attractions:
- Casinos: There are four casinos in Quebec- Montreal, Charlevoix, Lac-Leamy, and Mont-Tremblant.
- Cruises: Quebec has cruises either for whale watching or for touring the waterways.
- Gardens: It includes Montreal botanical garden, the Insectarium, Reford Gardens, and many more.
- Museums: There are over 400 museums in Quebec.
- Theme parks
- Religious heritage: It includes St. Joseph’s Oratory.
- Historical sites: It includes Old Montreal and the fortifications of Quebec City.
THE LAST WORD
Quebec will never leave you unsatisfied because besides visiting and exploring different places, one can enjoy doing various sports and outdoor activities as well. It includes hunting, fishing, golf, snowmobiling, wildlife observation, hiking, skiing, and many more. People of Quebec celebrate various festivals throughout the year such as the Montreal International Jazz festival, just for laughs festival, etc. Also, Quebec offers cuisines that are a blend of influences but has a strong French culinary base. The sugar shack is a unique feature of Quebec- a family culinary tradition of having maple products to the tone of Quebec folklore.
Checkout more such content at: https://gogomagazine.in/category/magazine/travelogue-volume-7/