Praveen Yadav | Oct 17, 2021 | 0
Canon EOS-1DX Mark III DSLR Camera: Everything you want to know
Canon has launched its flagship camera in India at a price of Rs.5,75,995. This camera packs with deep learning AF and has refined processing capabilities and distinct speed to suit both photo and video applications. This camera is designed to capture the motion and high-speed events like wildlife and sports events.
|Dimensions: 6.22 x 6.6 x 3.25” x / 158 x 167.6 x 82.6 mm|
|Weight: 3.17lb / 1440g|
|Battery: 1 x LP-E19 Lithium-Ion, 2750mAh (2850 shots approximately)|
|Memory card slot: Dual shot: CFexpress Type B|
|Connectivity: USB Type-C (USB 3.1), HDMI C (Mini), Canon N3, 3.5mm Headphone, 3.5mm|
|Microphone, PC Sync Socket.|
|Wireless: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi|
|External flash connection: Hot Shoe, PC Terminal|
|Viewfinder type: Optical (Pentaprism)|
|Viewfinder Eye point: 20mm|
|Viewfinder Coverage: 100%|
|Viewfinder Magnification: Approx. 0.76x|
|Dioptre adjustment -3 to +1|
|Monitor size: 3.2”|
|Monitor resolution: 21000000 Dot|
|Monitor Type: Fixed Touchscreen LCD|
|Focus type: Auto and manual Focus|
|Focus mode: Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus points: Phase Detection: 191 (155 cross-type)|
|Autofocus Sensitivity: -4 to +18 EV|
|Lens Mount: Canon EF|
|Camera format: Full frame|
|Pixels: Actual 21.4 MP, Effective 20.1 MP|
|Maximum resolution: 5472 x 3648|
|Aspect ratio: 3:2|
|Sensor type: CMOS|
|Sensor size: 36 x 24 mm|
|Image file format: JPEG, Raw, HEIF|
|Image stabilization: Digital (Video only)|
|Recording modes:4K RAW, 4K DCI, 4K UHD, 4K DCI Cropped at 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94fps / 1080p at (23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 120fps|
|Recording limit: upto 29 minutes, 59 seconds|
|Video encoding: NTSC/PAL|
|Audio recording: Built-In Microphones (Stereo), External Microphone input (Stereo)|
|Audio format: AAC, Linear PCM (Stereo)|
|ISO Sensitivity: Auto, 100 to 102400 (Extended: 50 to 819200)|
|Shutter speed: Mechanical Shutter 1/8000 to 30 seconds, Bulb Mode|
|Metering method: Centre-Weighted Average, Evaluative, Partial Spot|
|Exposure modes: Aperture priority, manual, program Shutter priority|
|Exposure compensation: -5 to +5 EV|
|Metering range: 0 to 20 EV|
|White balance: Auto, Cloudy, colour Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent, Shade,|
|Continuous Shooting: up to 20 fps at 20.1 MP for up to 1000 frames (Raw)|
|Up tp 16 fps at 20.1 MP for up to 1000 Frames (Raw)|
|Mirror Lock-up: Yes|
The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is an amazing DSLR intended for sports, untamed life, and other difficult and dynamic imaging applications. Structured as the lead of the EOS framework, the 1D X Mark III is described by its refined preparing abilities and unmistakable speed to suit both photo and video applications. It highlights an optical viewfinder, with which it can shoot 16 frames per second (mechanical screen) utilizing a 400,000-pixel metering sensor related to a devoted Digic 8 processor, with 191 AF focuses (155 of which are cross-type). Utilizing the OVF, the camera is capable of tracking with face detect AF.
Be that as it may, when changed to Live View, the camera can shoot 20 frames per second (mechanical or electronic screen) utilizing the full 20.1 million-pixel readout of the image sensor, combined with the power of the all-new Digic X processor and a gigantic 3,869 Dual Pixel CMOS AF focuses. In Live View, the 1D X III is able to do full eye detection AF.
Supplementing this speed is a great local affectability that goes from ISO 100-102400, which can be extended to ISO 50-819200, to suit working in an assortment of lighting conditions. Likewise profiting the speed is the EOS iTR AF X self-adjust framework, which utilizes 191 focuses for rapidly and precisely gaining center. It additionally empowers Face Tracking and Head Detection AF capacities, which utilize Deep Learning Technology, to keep up the basic spotlight on moving subjects. Also, when working in live view, Dual Pixel CMOS AF utilizes 3869 physically selectable focuses and gives a smooth, characteristic centering quality similar to the manner in which a camcorder secures center.
Notwithstanding superior stills shooting, the 1D X Mark III is likewise profoundly skilled for video, with the capacity to record DCI 4K content inside at up to 60 fps with 10-piece, 4:2:2 shading, just as Full HD at 120 fps and crude 5.5K (5472 x 2886) at 60 fps. Supplementing recording is Movie Digital IS, manual center cresting, and Focus Guide, and, additionally, Canon Log Gamma can be utilized for more prominent shading evaluating control in post.
Supplementing the imaging capacities is one of the key highlights of 1D-arrangement cameras: a sturdy and vigorous body plan. This camera utilizes a magnesium amalgam development that is climate fixed to make preparations for residue and dampness for working in particularly attempting situations. The body likewise joins double CFexpress memory card spaces to help the quick constant shooting rates and high-goals video abilities. The optical pentaprism viewfinder is profited by a refreshed mirror drive instrument for a diminished power outage and the 3.2″ 2.1m-dab touchscreen LCD is accessible for natural playback and menu route. Also, inherent Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS grant consistent remote network and an implicit Ethernet port take into account quicker wired LAN document moving. To get you ready for action, this camera is conveyed in a group with a SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO CFexpress memory card alongside an Extreme PRO CFexpress card pursuer.
Old vs New:
- Canon eos 1dx mark 3 has more AF points than its previous version mark.
- Mark 2 has 61 AF(41 cross-type) points and mark 3 has 191AF(155 cross-type) points.
- It has ultra-fast continuous shooting speed. Mark iii able to hit 20fps with full AF/AE tracking while Mark ii able to hit only 16fps with full AF/AE tracking. It’s a massive improvement at one point of time we were able to hit only 12fps.
- It has dual cf express card slots. It’s offering speed three times faster than cFast 2.0 in the CANON EOS 1DX MARK II.
- The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III‘s imaging sensor is a completely new design. They retain a similar 20MP resolution as the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II. In Mark iii they increase the dynamic range by one stop and also increase the ISO by one stop. They also addressed the noise performance from ISO3200 to 6400. Generally, this range is often used by sports and wildlife photographers.
- CANON EOS 1DX MARK III introduces the DIGIC X processor. In the previous model, they used a dual DIGIC 6+ image processor. Having one processor rather than two is the main reason behind the better battery life.
- CANON EOS 1DX MARK III introduces HEIF (High-Efficiency Image Format) as a picture quality option. This file type will compress down to a quarter of the size of a JPEG.
- The ISO range is 100 – 102400 ( expands to 50-819200), while MARK II is 100 – 51200 ( expands to 50-409600).
- In MARK III the video resolution is 5472 X 2886, while in MARK II the video resolution is 4096 x 2160 video resolution.
- Mark iii introduces deep learning technology for more intelligent AF. In deep learning technology basically computers learn some basic parameters on how to use very large pool data. It provides more focus and accuracy. It will track subjects better and learn not just what to focus on, but where to focus.
Check out more such content at: https://gogomagazine.in/category/tech/