Praveen Yadav | Nov 14, 2021 | 0
THE SHLOKA – an Indian Classical and Folk Fusion Rapper and the finalist of MTV Hustle
Shloka real name is Rahul Kumar Das, He is a rapper. Shloka got a chance to participate in the MTV channel show “MTV Hustle”. He appeared as a contestant on the show. In this show, he was seen performing in front of Raftaar, Rajakumari, and Nucleya. Shloka is famous for his unique style of hip hop rap songs, he blends hip hop rap with classical music melodic touch, this is why their fans like him so much.
Talking about this track which is based on father, and during the track, there is a message is given by son to his father that he wants to become a rapper and father have to support him. When the first-time Shloka performs this track on the stage of MTV hustle in front of superstar rapper Raftaar, Raja Kumari, and EDM DJ Nucleya. Slowly Shloka shifted to Patna by saving money. In 2019, Shloka got a chance to participate in the MTV channel show “MTV Hustle”.
Here is Shloka in a conversation with GOGO Magazine.
1) When did your journey as a musician begin?
In the year of 2014.
2) Which was your first song?
‘Garda Urega’ on my channel after Hustle.
3) Which music genre do you normally prefer?
Hip-Hop(I love Indian Classical & Folk fusion).
4) How did you feel after being the finalist of MTV Hustle?
What I felt cannot express in words, Mind blowing!
5) Share any moment from MTV Hustle which you are proud of.
Standing Ovation of Judges and their positive comments.
6) Who has been your inspiration?
I take inspiration from all unique things.
7) Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
I live in present.
“Ummid par nahi Hausle aur Himmat se Kismat likna hai.”
8) Which has been your most memorable performance?
Performance at Social Nation, Jio Garden Mumbai & at Hustle Semi finale performance has been my most memorable performance.
9) Tell us about your latest track.
Title-SHOK- about Problems of people in Bihar in past and present.
10) How has MTV Hustle helped you establishing a fan base?
Previously some 1000 people listened and appreciated, motivated my work, now lakhs of people watching, appreciating and motivating me.
11) How was life in quarantine?
Helping local needy people, making songs, joined many live sessions on FB and Insta- pages for the awareness “Stay Home Stay Safe against Covid.”
Checkout more such content at: https://gogomagazine.in/category/magazine/music/