MEXICO – @johnnalex
“The joy of discovery is the single most important thing in life.”
Mexico is a marvelous country in North America. It lies between the United States of America to the North, and Guatemala and Belize to the Southeast. It has a coastline of more than 10,000 km which covers the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. It offers pleasing and warm weather, delicious food, unique art and archaeology, history, museums, and worth-watching architecture. It includes world class destinations like Acapulco, Cancun, Cozumel, Los Cabos, and Mazatlán. Mexico holds the 7th position in the list of major destinations of foreign visitors, as per the World Trade Organization.
REGIONS OF MEXICO
Some of the regions of Mexico include:
- Baja California: It is the western peninsula, which borders the U.S state of California.
- Northern Mexico: It covers the expansive deserts and mountains situated in the border states. This region is mostly ignored by tourists. Hence, it is called ‘Unknown Mexico’.
- The Bajio: It is a silver mining region that includes all the historic states of Mexico.
- Central Mexico: It is the central region of Mexico, surrounding the capital city.
- Pacific Coast: It consists of tropical beaches on Mexico’s southern coast.
- Yucatan Peninsula: It has a jungle and fascinating Mayan archeological sites, along with the Caribbean coast.
DESINATIONS IN MEXICO
- Mexico City: It is the capital of the republic and one of the three largest cities in the world. It includes an urban hub with a 700-year history.
- Copper Canyon: It is described as an exotic tourist destination for travelers who enjoy doing adventure. It offers one of the greatest mountain rail rides in the world, covering different areas.
- Sea of Cortez: One can enjoy seeing whale birthing, swimming with dolphins, and sea kayak in the warm waters of the sea of Cortez.
- Sumidero Canyon: It is a perpendicular walled national park-a home of vast flocks of flamingos, pelicans, waterfowl, and crocodiles.
WHAT TO EAT & DRINK?
Mexican cuisine is a collection of various regional cuisines. Due to climate, geography, and ethnic differences, Mexican cuisine has been divided into four categories depending upon the region:
Drinks in Mexico include Chamaica (Hibiscus juice), Absinthe, Tequila (distilled from agave), Pulque (ferment made from maguey), Mezcal (distilled from oven-cooked agave), Tepache (made from Pineapple), Tuba (made from coconut palm tree), and Mexican beers like Corona, Dos Equis, Pacifico, Tecate, Indio, Bohemia, Sol, Superior, Victoria, Montejo, etc.
A MESSAGE TO TAKE AWAY
Mexico is officially called the United Mexican States with a label of one of the most popular tourist destinations on the planet. Tourist industries come to explore Mexico and they mostly visit the beach resorts and the altiplano in the central part of the country. Earlier, American tourists used to predominate on the Baja peninsula and modern beach resorts, whereas the European tourists get together around the smaller resort areas towards the south. There are high and low, rugged mountains, low coastal plains, high plateaus, and temperate grasslands with grasslands and Mezquite trees. It does not have any official language at the national level, but it has 68 recognized languages, out of which Spanish is the main one.
Checkout more such content at: https://gogomagazine.in/category/magazine/travelogue-volume-7/