Praveen Yadav | Oct 17, 2021 | 0
FLOYD ARANHA – a singer/songwriter who was the finalist of India’s Got Talent
Floyd Aranha is a singer-songwriter from Mumbai India. He was featured on the reality show “India’s Got Talent” which aired on Colors TV, A two time Radio Mirchi talent contest winner (College level) 2016 and 2017 and also a certified guitarist From Trinity College of London.
Here is Floyd Aranha in a conversation with GOGO Magazine.
1) When did your journey as a musician begin?
– I started playing keyboard at an early age of 9 and got serious into music in 2015 when I picked up the guitar.
2) Which was your first song?
– The first song which I wrote was Six-string heart about my affection towards the guitar.
3) Which has been your most memorable performance?
– There was a singer-songwriter showcase which was held at the habitat, Mumbai and I was nervous to sing my original songs in front of an audience but the crowd really enjoyed it and that honestly motivated me to write more songs.
4) How do you manage investment for your music productions?
– Prior to the lockdown, I used to do a lot of shows which helped me to get my finances sorted but because of COVID-19 I’m relying mostly on teaching guitar online to my students and the amount which I get helps in recording my songs.
5) Who has been your inspiration?
– I look up to Charlie Puth, Bruno Mars, Freddie Mercury, tom Misch, John Mayer and also Jungkook and Jimin from BTS.
6) Tell us about your journey in India’s Got Talent.
– It was honestly a once in a lifetime opportunity. We as a band ( live 100 experience ) worked hard since day one and getting to perform in front of the industry greats really is a dream for any artist. We managed to come second in that reality show and though we didn’t win the show, we won the hearts of a lot of people.
7) Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years?
– I see myself being happy and successful in the field of music and releasing a lot more albums and getting to work with the top musicians.
8) Tell us about your latest track.
– My latest track ” Switch Groove ” is a song which I wrote about how my life would be if I one day woke up as my pet. I have a Persian cat and seeing his daily schedule which includes just sleeping and eating food, I thought it would be fun to imagine myself trading lives with my pet just for a day.
9) Which is your most preferred genre?
– My preferred genre is Funk and Jazz.
10) How was life in quarantine?
– Because of this quarantine, I had a lot of free time which I invested in improving my vocals and also writing a lot of songs, I even wrote a song on quarantine itself which is uploaded on my Instagram account. I did some shows as well which was conducted through zoom so this was a new way to interact with people from your home comfort. I wish everyone remains safe and we get through this as early as possible!
Checkout more such content at: https://gogomagazine.in/category/magazine/music/