Enactus is an international non-profit student body organization, supported by KPMG. It is spread across 36 countries and has 144 local chapters in India. The students from Delhi College of Arts and Commerce play a vital role in spreading the message of Enactus and work for the upliftment of underprivileged and marginalized communities. Enactus has been actively supporting people from different parts of the country and fulfilling their needs through social entrepreneurship models since 2013.
Enactus DCAC being one of the local chapters is running two projects:
Around 3.7 million refugee children don’t go to school out of which more than 2 lakh refugees reside in India. There are many major roadblocks for the refugee children like lack of documentation, years of missed schooling, trauma faced during displacement, etc. The solution made by Enactus DCAC for the following is pioneering a community-driven model that revolutionizes the primary education sphere for the refugees through Active Story-Based Learning (ASBL), an innovative approach to learning that engages children.
Achievements gained by Enactus for this project are:
- Project Taleem was the finalist and semi-finalist at the National Symposium of Enactus in 2019 and 2020 respectively.
- The centers are readily adopted by the organizations which are operated within (or for) the community.
- The efforts have been applauded by Deputy CM of UP, Mr. Dinesh Sharma.
- Appreciated by The UN Refugee Agency UNHCR and the organization is currently in contact with them to establish mutual collaboration.
There are approximately 2.09 million cases of breast cancer around the world and 1.8 lakh + cases in India each year. The organizations’ approach for this problem is organizing cancer awareness camps, providing external breast prosthetics and mastectomy brasseries. It also focuses to build nation-wide peer to peer counseling groups of breast cancer survivors; organizes workshops for the mental health of the survivors and advocacy related campaigns.
Accomplishments achieved by this project are:
- It has been featured in various media channels and has also partnered with multi lingerie brand Clovia and Zivame.
- The efforts had been applauded by the hon. Union Minister, Mr. Nitin Gadkari.
- The project has collaborated with 7 renowned hospitals and 6 NGOs.
The Enactus DCAC is one that kind of organization that promotes the communities that need the most support and loves from the fortunate individuals of the society. It acts as the bridge between the privileged and underprivileged. We need more and more kinds of these organizations for a better future for the coming generations and to make India and the whole world a better place to live in. Furthermore, this precisely ought to be the inspiration for us all regardless of what our conditions are, to get up, face up and never surrender.
Checkout more such content at: https://gogomagazine.in/category/lifestyle/