ADITYA ANAND – SINGER, SONGWRITER, MUSIC PRODUCER
Aditya Anand is an independent artist (singer-songwriter & music producer) originally from Jharkhand’s capital city, that is, Ranchi. Coming from a household that had no prior background in music, my aspirations to become a musician was often ridiculed and seen as something “insignificant”.In a family where people did “serious jobs”, music was seen just as entertainment and not a proper career option. This has also been the case with many friends and acquaintances who want to follow their passion and make it their career, not just in the music field but also in many other artistic spheres.
Here is Aditya Anand in a conversation with GOGO Magazine.
1) When did your journey as a musician begin?
I got my music instincts from my mother because she was a housewife and she used to sing. My mother started taking private tuition from Pandit Shyam Das Mishra’s son Raju Sir. (Pandit Shyam Das Mishra is the one who had sung & composed the title track of ETV Bihar – “Ye Hai Mera Bihar”.He had also been the guru of Indian Idol 3 fame – Deepali Kishore. My mother used to learn classical singing from Raju sir and I used to sit by her side while learning. After some time, one day when I suddenly started playing the harmonium, my mother was shocked to see this. Seeing this talent, she got me admitted to Pandit Shyam Das Mishra’s institute. In 2002, I got first place in a singing competition in ETV Bihar.
2) Tell us more about your experience of coming out of from a family which had no music background.
My maternal grandparents were not supportive regarding music, therefore my mother started learning music after she had got married. So when I started showing interest in music, apart from getting several pull-downs, she supported me and got me admitted to a renowned music institute known as K.M.Music Conservatory, Chennai owned by the legendary music composer Dr.A.R.Rahman sir and right now I am working as a freelance music producer for indie artists.
3) Which has been your first track?
I have been composing songs since 2012, but I released my first original ‘Aawara’ on 19th July 2021.
4) Who has been your inspiration?
There are so many artists I have got inspired by. Some of them are Linkin Park, Jal The Band, A.R.Rahman, Mohd. Rafi, Naushad, Three Days Grace, KK, Sonu Nigam, Charlie Puth, Pritam, and Amit Trivedi.
5) Where do you see yourself in the nest 5 years?
I don’t seek fame, I just want to do good music. Therefore I see myself as a good musician who connects with his audiences.
6) How would you describe your music?
I would describe my music as Soulful & Relatable.
7) Which has been your most memorable project or song?
For every musician, his first official release will always be memorable. So ‘Aawara’ holds that place and will always do.
8) What advice would you give to the aspiring musicians?
Don’t go with the trend, just follow your heart and believe in your instincts.
9) Share some of your achievements with the magazine.
- ETV BIHAR SINGING COMPETITION WINNER.
- DONE MANY COVER’S AND LIVE PERFORMANCES.
- WORKING AS AN ARTIST IN HAPPYDEMIC (Music Company owned by the wife of the famous singer SHAAN,Radhika Mukherjee).
- Collaborated with some music professionals who belong to the music industry like Hanish Taneja,David Joseph & Priyani Vani Pandit.
- GOT GOOD RECOGNITION AMONG THE VIEWERS FOR MANY COVER SONGS ON YOUTUBE.
10) How was life in quarantine?
Quarantine has been bliss for me. Because I got more focused on working on my originals and releasing them asap.
INSTAGRAM: @ADITYA ANAND
YOUTUBE: ADITYA ANAND
Checkout more such content at: https://gogomagazine.in/category/magazine/music/